Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology (MIT), Muzaffarpur is a premier institution of eastern India for technical education. It is under administrative control of department of science and technology and wholly funded by Govt. of Bihar. Established in 1954, MIT is one of the oldest technical institute in India. The foundation stone was laid by the first prime minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology Alumni Association (MITAA) was first formed in the year 1963 with its office located inside the campus of M.I.T. Muzaffarpur. Since then it has grown to have thousands of active members with chapters in every corner of India and abroad.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a forum to establish a link between the alumni, staff and students of the Institute.
- To enable the alumni to participate in activities which would contribute to the general development of the Institute.
- To keep the alumni abreast of scientific and technological developments of national importance.
- To help the alumni with their technical problems.
- To Institute prizes and scholarships, and render financial aid to deserving students of the Institute.
- To contribute towards the welfare of the alumni.
- To further such other aims as the General Body may decide from time to time.
The amended constitution and Bye laws of the Alumni Association were adopted in the extra ordinary General Body meeting held in the month of January, 1979. We have recently started the process of re-writing of our constitution and by laws to keep us updated with the changing time and technology. The draft copy of the new constituion and by laws will be made available on our portal to invite suggestions and comments from fellow alumni's